New vs. Used Food Trailers For Sale
Finding a used food trailer for sale is a great way to get started in the food truck business, but is it your best option? Whether you are looking to purchase your first food used truck or expand your fleet, here are a few good places to start your search…
Where to BeginThe process of buying a food truck is time-consuming. Before you get started it’s important to understand the financial obligation you’re getting yourself into. Although purchasing a used food truck for sale is generally cheaper than starting a restaurant, it’s still not cheap. You can expect to spend $60,000 to $250,000 on a fully outfitted truck with the majority of purchases falling within the $70,000 to $130,000 range.
Buying New Vs. Buying UsedThere are definite advantages and disadvantages of each option, but it comes down to what your budget is and how much you can afford up front.
Advantages of a New Food Truck
- You can customize the food truck to your specifications
- The risk of facing major repairs is less likely
- They are clean and you don’t have to worry about how the previous owner took care of the truck
Disadvantages of Buying a New Food Truck
- New trucks cost more than used food trucks for sale
- You may need to find a source of funding and have good credit in order to obtain it
- Used trucks for sale are generally ready for you to use, so you won’t have to wait for a new one to be customized