Article provided by: Pelmen Foods
Do you love perogies? You want to give Pelmen Perogies a try. They have created an entire line of perogies with all-natural ingredients, low fat and low in cholesterol. They are absolutely delicious!
Where Did Perogies Originate?
The legends surround the simple perogy are controversial. Some believe they came from China via Italy from Marco Polo and his expeditions. Yet other people contend the perogy was brought to Poland by Saint Hyacinth. He is said to have brought them back from Kiev, which is now the capital of Ukraine.
What Types of Perogies Do We Sell?
- Potato with Cheddar Cheese (100% Vegetarian)
- Potato with Fried Onions
- Potato with Spinach & Feta
- Potato with Cheddar & Bacon
- Potato with Mushrooms
- Potato with Cottage Cheese
- Potato with Cheddar & Jalapeno
- Cherry (sour cherries, wheat flour, sugar, corn starch, canola oil and salt)
- Sweet Cottage Cheese (Cottage Cheese, wheat flour, wheat flour, water, sugar, eggs, butter, corn starch, salt and canola oil)
We also sell Pelmeni, which are Russian in origin and are a filling wrapped in a thin, unleavened dough. They are considered to be part of the family of dumplings. It is interesting to note that Pelmeni are considered by many to be the heart of Russian cuisine.
We sell the following flavors:
- Siberian Recipe, Pork & Beef
How Many Ways Can I Eat a Perogy?
- You can eat a perogy in a multitude of ways. There really is no limit to how many ways you can eat a perogy. Let your imagination can guide you. You can eat them plain and enjoy the texture of a crisp tender crust filled with potatoes and cheese. There are literally 100’s of ways that people eat a perogy. Try some of the following ideas:
- Top with Alfredo Sauce
- Sauteed perogies with sour cream, fresh basil and green onion
- Perogies dipped in ranch dressing, Greek yogurt, or mustard
- Fry perogies until golden brown and top with melted cheese
- Pan fry perogies with green beans, onions, and mushrooms
- Pizza perogies, pan fry, arrange on a pizza plate, top with pizza sauce and cheese
- Potato and cheese perogies topped with tuna salad
- Mix seafood with your perogies
- Add to soups
- Top your perogies with Mexican style nacho toppings: meat, shredded cheese, sour cream, cheese salsa
You can find a large assortment of recipes on the Pelmen Foods website if you are feeling adventurous and want to try something new. Don’t forget about the dessert perogies. You can top them with ice cream, fruit, and pudding for a sweet ending to your meal.
Where Can I Purchase High Quality Frozen Perogies?
If you don’t want to make your perogies from scratch, there are some good frozen alternatives on the market today. Pelmen Foods has an entire line of perogies for you to look over. You can also check online to see if they are sold at a supermarket near you. Their perogies are low fat, low in cholesterol and are made of the finest all-natural ingredients available.Perogies
View Larger Map